Delegation of Faculty of Science Leiden visit Indonesia
During 21- 29 March 20-15 a delegation of the faculty of Science of Leiden University, headed by the executive dean Drs. Gert Jan van Helden and with participation of the Institute of Environmental Sciences Leiden ( CML) visited Indonesia in order to establish collaboration with Indonesian universities in Bandung, Bogor and Jakarta
Members of the delegation were:
- Drs. G.J. van Helden LL.M.MPA, Faculty of Science, Executive Dean;
- Prof. dr. L.J. Slikkerveer, Faculty of Science, Chair Leiden Ethnosystems and Development Programme;
- Prof. dr. H.P. Spaink, Faculty of Science, Chair of the Institute Biology Leiden;
- Dr. P.J.A. Kessler, Faculty of Science, Prefect / Director Hortus Botanicus;
- Prof. dr. ir. H.H. de Iongh, Vice-Head of the Department Conservation Biology of the Institute of Environmental Sciences Leiden (CML);
- Dr. B.A. Reith, Faculty of Science, Leiden Ethnosystems and Development Programme.
An Agreement of Implementation (AiO) was signed with the faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences of Universitas Indonesia and MOUs are in preparation with the Science Faculties of ITB Bandung, IPB Bogor in order to explore possible collaborations in the field of Life science and technology, Biology, Pharmacology, Environmental Science and Ethnoscience.
During the visits the delagation discussed various forms of exchange and cooperation, like:
- The reciprocal exchange of students;
- The reciprocal exchange of research and teaching staff, and of other staff members;
- Research collaboration in fields with mutual interests between research staff, departments, and schools of both institutions;
- The organisation of joint academic and scientific activities, such as courses, conferences, seminars, symposia or lectures;
- The exchange and sharing of teaching and academic materials, publications, reference and other pertinent information;